- / Procedures
- / Managing individual cases
- / Case Conference
- / Children moving into Guernsey or Alderney
Children moving into Guernsey or Alderney
The worker taking the information will direct the caller to the social work assessment team manager who will:
- Gather all the relevant information
- Request that a copy of the latest child protection conference minutes and child protection plan are faxed immediately and check that they arrive
- Discuss whether the worker notifying is requesting that any support be offered, whether any visits are required to be undertaken on their behalf and the urgency of these visits or support
- Make it clear that the Island will not be holding any responsibility prior to the transfer in child protection case conference
- Pass this information on to the child protection registrar.
The child protection registrar will then ensure that details of the child's name, D.O.B and current address are placed on the Islands' child protection register on a temporary basis pending the transfer in child protection case conference.
The transfer child protection case conference should take place within the same timescale as an initial child protection case conference, i.e. 10 working days.
For the child's name to be entered on the Islands' child protection register, the criteria for registration must be met at the time of the transfer conference.
- Worried about a child?
- Case Conference
- After the Initial Case Conference
- Supplementary Guidance